As far as obsessions go it’s not my fave. Mostly for these reasons:
1. Simon’s attention span and ability do not match up with his interest level.
2. This means that when he tells me or Micah that he wants to do some origami what he’s really saying is that we get to do some origami.
3. My attention span and ability to do not match up with his interest level either.
4. This means that we have a lot of half completed projects lying around.
5. Elsa’s favorite food group is paper.
6. There are loud exclamations whenever it has been discovered that she has made a meal of one of the unfinished projects.
But Micah is good at it, and when he finishes a project, it looks pretty awesome.
So there’s that.