- changing my clothes 5 times a day
- sweaty, stinky shirts strewn about the apartment to dry before the next run
- baggies full of cracker crumbs sitting on the table
- waking up before the boys several times a week
- answering lots of questions about the FiveFingers mid-run
- asking Simon to cheer us on as we push him and Oliver up the hill
but it ends in about 10 days. And then I think we’re going to take a break, put our running clothes in the drawer, let the boys wake us up, and avoid the darn hill . . . for at least a week. Because we’ll need to stay in shape for the 1/2 marathon we’re running in July.
Why do we do this to ourselves? Oh, yeah, I remember. So we can feel good about downing a quart and a half of ice cream every week.