Here’s a recap of what all we finished this weekend:
Curtain for the bathroom. Thanks to the new sewing machine, the IKEA fabric that was on sale for a buck a yard, and the IKEA curtains we already owned, which provided the pattern, we no longer have any rolling shades hanging in our apartment. And that feels good.
New backs for the gray bookcases. We took off the backs when we moved into this apartment because they just looked really cheap. We meant to re-paper them, but wallpaper is expensive, so it was never going to get done. But, thanks again to IKEA for cheap fabric and Mom Heiselt for lending us another set of hands, we came up with this solution. The bookcases are sturdier, the backs look better, and stripes are fun.
Simon’s toddler bed. We used this tutorial as a guide, although we made our own adjustments as well.
The bookcase from the side of the road. It was dismantled, sanded, refinished, coated with polyurethane, given a new back, and has now been pressed into service, at least temporarily, as our “entertainment center” and shoe rack. It looks so good.
And that is that.