I have broken my blogging fast to bring you all excellent news. It is almost Easter and time to start thinking about our 2009 Peep Show! For those of you who were not around last year, we hosted a contest to see which of our friends and family could come up with the best scene starring marshmallow peeps.
The entries were very impressive and the competition was fierce. Here are a few of my personal favorites:
1. The display must include those abominable sugar-coated marshmallows called Peeps.
2. The deadline is Saturday, April 4th at midnight EST.
3. Submit a photograph of your entry to us via e-mail (heiselt at gmail (me) or heiseltea at gmail (Lizzie).
4. Blog readers will then have one week to vote for their favorite after we post the entries.
5. Winners will (hopefully) get an awesome prize, yet to be determined.
Now we know that we might be a bit premature in announcing this, but we wanted everyone to have ample time to think and construct. Last year was amazing and this year will hopefully be better.
We also have a request for everyone. The ’08 prizes involved various gift certificates that came from our personal pockets. Unfortunately, our pockets are not as deep this year. So, we were wondering if anybody had ideas for prizes. We realize that the real prize is bragging rights for a year, but it would still be nice to have some more incentives. Does anybody have access to gift certificates where they work? Would anyone be willing to knit a scarf for the winner? We are open to anything.
Thanks again. We are excited to see what everyone comes up with this year.